BF Modal is made to convert any custom post type, page or post to modal. Plugin
automatically adds rewrite rules so you can still have nice and relevant URL when popup is opened.
Take full control of modal and override modal templates. You can create custom modal
templates so each page can have different template. You can also override based on
Upload ‘bf-modal’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Convert pages and post types to modal
How this plugin works
- Simply go to BF Modal Options page and choose post type you want to convert to modal
- Choose an archive page, page that will be displayed below this popup
- Go to Settings -> Permalinks and save permalinks so rewrite rules can be rewritten
- That’s it, you are good to go, post type single page will open in modal when you visit URL
If you add links to modal pages somewhere it will go to that link and open popup/modal, but if you
want to stay on the same page and not actually go to different page then you can use
To your link you add class js-bfml-modal-trigger and post-data-id attribute with post id
<a href="#" class="js-bfml-modal-trigger" data-post-data-id="12"> This is a test post type Link </a>
If you want to convert pages to modal
1. Go to page you want to convert, find Modal Page options meta box
2. Set Is Modal to true and set your archive page
3. Settings -> Permalinks and save permalinks
4. Open your page and it will open as modal
What kind of support do you provide?
Please post your question on plugin support forum
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“BF Modal” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “BF Modal” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Release Date – 27 October 2021
Release Date – 06 December 2021
- New – added remove options on uninstall plugin
- New – added flush rewrite rules when setting rewrite rules
- New – added link to settings page
Release Date – 07 December 2021
- Fix – updated npm packages
- Fix – updated saving post types options
- Update – refactored code
Release Date – 07 March 2023
*Fix – Modal admin page settings
Release Date – 20 April 2023
*Fix – Modal scroll on mobile
*Test – new WP version